Scotia Ireland Tours Ltd. ("The Company")
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
The following terms and conditions apply to all bookings unless varied by agreement in writing attached to the Booking Agreement
“The Company” shall mean Scotia Ireland Tours Ltd.
“Client” shall mean a person or persons engaging the services of the Company and all persons on whose behalf such engagement is made
No Contract shall arise until the Company shall have received (a) the original, faxed or emailed copy of the Booking form signed by or on behalf of the client together with the agreed deposit or full payment for the tour and (b) the Company has issued written confirmation of acceptance and receipt to the client or his nominated agent. The terms of the contract are contained in these terms and conditions, the Booking form, the Company’s confirmation, the Company’s description of the tour and the itinerary organized, and the terms and conditions of any supplier of services to the Company forming part of the tour.
The Client shall check all details of the tour and the detailed itinerary immediately they are issued to him and shall ensure that same are as ordered. If the client has any query in relation to the details furnished, he shall immediately refer same to the Company and the Company shall respond as soon as possible.
A refundable (up to 190 days prior to departure) deposit of 20% of the total cost of the tour per person is required on booking. The deposit forms part of the final payment, which is generally due at least 160 days prior to departure. Certain products or services may have additional deposit requirements and/or require final payment sooner than 190 days. This will be advised at the time of booking or on the invoice. If the Company does not receive final payment by the specified date, it reserves the right to cancel the reservation. In the case of computer or human billing errors, it reserves the right to re-invoice with correct pricing.
Please note that all payments made on a credit card (whether deposits, part payments or final balances) will be subject to a levy of 3.6% (Inc. VAT).
Payment may be made by any of the following methods: Visa and MasterCard. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account at the point in which the request for a booking made. You confirm that the credit or debit card being yours and yours only. Please note that all credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the issuer of the card. If the issuer of the card does not for any reason authorise payment to Scotia Ireland, we will not be liable for any delays incurred as a result thereof.
Bank to bank wire transfer.
Account No: 14065588
Account Name: Scotia Ireland Tours Ltd
Branch sort code: 98-63-20
BIC / Swift code: ULSB IE2D
Ulster Bank. 43/44 Ashe Street, Tralee, Co Kerry. Ireland.
The Company should be advised of the credit card number when making the reservation. The clients’ authorisation to use their credit card number for deposit and/or final payment indicates their acceptance of the booking Terms and Conditions. Credit card payments require certain information which must be supplied. Third party charge cards require additional information.
Handling & Alteration Fees
A handling fee per transaction may be charged for any alterations or revisions of the tour or any part thereof. A change of program date or itinerary or part thereof within 30 days of departure may incur extra cost or be treated as a cancellation or part cancellation and new booking depending on the particular details of the tour and the terms and conditions applied by suppliers of services to the Company, clients should make enquiries of the Company in this regard prior to booking.
Whilst Scotia Ireland Tours may offer to help you make domestic travel arrangements to/from the point of commencement /conclusion of the tour we accept absolutely no obligation to do so or liability for your carriage by other service providers.
The client is fully responsible for all travel costs in getting to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the tour.
Please note that any timings of transport providers are estimates only which may be affected by operational difficulties or weather conditions. We do not make any alternate arrangements should there be a delay in your transport at the commencement/conclusion of your tour.
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are at the designated collection point at the designated time. In the case of missed collection, the company will not be held responsible.
In the case of missed departure any additional charges incurred by the client to catch up with the scheduled tour will be the client’s responsibility even where the situation is out of the client’s control such as late transport connections. Scotia Ireland Tours will not be held liable for any additional costs in your connecting with the tour at another point nor will any refund be paid for any missed portion of the tour under any circumstance.
All bookings with carriers and other service providers are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage.
This brochure is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit any transport provider, airline or carrier as mentioned herein or any transport provider or airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
Travel, Passports & Visas
A valid passport is required for all international travel. It must be valid at least six months after the date of return. Some of the Company programs require passport details be provided at the time of booking. The Company will not be responsible for delays in confirmation or disruption to clients’ travel plans should these details not be provided at that time.
A Visa is required for travel to Ireland: the client shall ensure that he has obtained a visa valid for the full period of his stay in Ireland prior to departure for Ireland and shall provide proof of same on request by the Company. The Company shall not be responsible for any loss incurred by a client due to failure to ensure proper arrangements have been made in this regard.
The Company will not be responsible for a client being unable to avail of use of booked VIP lounge facilities due to changes or delays in flights or other travel services not provided by the Company unavailability of use of an airport VIP lounge due to delays in flights and/or other travel.
Young Tour Participants
Tour participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult passenger. There are no age restrictions on Customised programs.
If a child tour participant will be traveling with adults other than parents, or with only one parent, it is the client’s responsibility to contact the appropriate consulates and the applicable airlines to ensure children have the required documentation for traveling to Ireland.
Health and Safety
The Company endeavours to provide a safe, enjoyable and memorable travel experience for all clients. The Company welcomes clients with special needs or disabilities. However, please note the following:
- Clients are required to advise the Company, at the time of booking, of any physical, medical or other special needs that require accommodation. This may include the use of a personal wheelchair, scooter, walking-assistance device, supplementary oxygen tank or any other requirements. Failure to provide sufficient advance notice may result in the Company’s inability to procure the requested accommodations.
- All clients must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel. The Company may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the vacation. The Company may also exclude an individual from participating in a tour or an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- The Company does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). A companion capable of providing such assistance must accompany any passenger who requires services of a personal nature. Clients should consult with their personal physicians to determine whether traveling is appropriate and whether a traveling companion is recommended.
- Motor coaches and minibuses or vans may not be equipped with wheelchair ramps or safety belts.
- The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the client’s expense and in accordance with local rules and regulations. The Company is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while traveling, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- The Company will not impose eligibility criteria that either screen out or tend to screen out individuals with disabilities from fully and equally enjoying all goods, services, privileges, advantages or accommodations offered to individuals without disabilities.
- The Company reserves the right to exclude any individual from participation in an activity if that individual’s participation would result in a direct threat to health or safety. In such a circumstance, the Company will make a determination as to whether there is a significant risk that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable modifications to its policies, practices or procedures or by the provision of appropriate auxiliary aids or services at the expense of the passenger.
- If the client fails to provide the Company with notice of any physical, medical or special needs, accommodations or requirements prior to the start of the tour, and it is determined that his continued participation poses a safety risk, he may be excluded from the tour. In this event, he will be responsible for all costs associated with his departure from the tour.
- If a client or those travelling with him is/are unable to continue with the tour or avail of services provided by the Company due to accident or illness, the Company will not be responsible for any consequent loss to the client or those travelling with him.
- Clients should be aware some tour programs and all Walking Tour programs include rough terrain, uneven ground, walking over cobblestone streets, uneven pavements, steps and locations (which may not be easily accessible or accessible by wheelchair) and all passengers shall ensure that they have appropriate footwear for such excursions before commencing same.
- Clients should be aware that during their participation in programs booked on their behalf by the Company dangers may arise beyond the Company’s control, including, but not limited to, the hazards of traveling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, motor coach, aircraft or other means of transportation; the forces of nature; political unrest; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The Company will not have any liability regarding provision of medical care or facilities. The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken for the health and safety of all passengers.
The Company may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any client or remove any client who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Company’s Terms and Conditions, or whose conduct or behaviour is incompatible with or detrimental to the interests of the tour or other individuals on the tour. The Company is not responsible for any costs or losses incurred in the event a client is removed from a program or activity or any part of the tour. Clients agree not to hold the Company or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these Terms and Conditions.
Walking Tour Guides / Tour Directors & Touring
Tours are conducted mainly in English by a professional Tour Director / Walking Tour Guides, Multi-lingual tours can be or organised by pre-arrangement with The Company, if available, on request.
If the number of program participants drops below minimum levels, we will operate departures on an individual basis with private transfers and individual arrangements and/or on small vehicles with a local guide. Travelling and driving between cities is generally done by air-conditioned/ventilated motor vehicle (appropriate to the size of the group), with an on-board restroom (where available). When clients occupy a motor vehicle equipped with safety belts, the belts should be worn at all times when the vehicle is moving. Neither the Company nor its cooperating organisations or other service providers will be liable for any injury or death or for any loss or damages whatsoever arising from any accident or incident due to the tour participant’s own negligence or breach of safety instructions or other circumstances beyond its control. Seats cannot be reserved on coaches. There is a strict no smoking policy on board coaches, mini-buses and vans, however, regular comfort stops are made on traveling days.
Authority of the Tour Guides / Tour Director
At all times the decision of the Scotia Ireland Tours guide or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip.
It is a condition of booking that the client must comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Scotia Ireland Tours representative. This includes any decision that the Scotia Ireland Tours representative makes about your on-going participation in the trip or certain activities that comprise part of the trip. If the client does not comply with a decision made by a Scotia Ireland Tours representative, or interferes with the well-being of the group, then the Scotia Ireland Tours representative reserves the right to terminate this contract and exclude the client from the remainder of the tour.
Scotia Ireland Tours will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by the client.
Scotia Ireland Tours cannot accept responsibility for the behaviour of other passengers on the tour or the amendment of tour activities as a result.
Tour/program prices are per person. All prices are in € unless otherwise specified. Prices are based on charges, tariffs, rates, prices, taxes, and levies in effect at the time booked. Rates may vary depending on dates of travel.
The Company reserves the right to recover from the passenger increases in government-imposed taxes, charges or levies. Prices, including taxes and fees, are subject to increase without notice.
Not Included in Program Prices
Anything not specifically provided for in the tour documentation provided at the time of booking shall not be included in the price quoted and the Company shall have no responsibility therefor. Examples include accommodation booked by the client on their own account, minibar expenses in hotels and any alcohol not specifically mentioned and in respect of such additional expenses passengers shall give their credit card details to the hotel or restaurant as appropriate to enable such additional expenses to be charged directly to the passenger incurring same.
Hotel Accommodation and Meals
Hotel standards, facilities and services provided may vary. Substitute hotels may be used at certain times where necessary and will be of a similar standard wherever possible. Special room or bedding requests, such as adjacent or connecting rooms, etc., must be made at the time of booking and cannot be guaranteed. It is standard policy that hotel rooms are available for check-in after 2 p.m. Early check-in requires a pre-night be booked and paid for; late evening departures may require a post night be pre-booked.
Hotels and restaurants in Ireland are obliged to operate a no smoking policy which must be complied with by all clients. Outdoor smoking areas are generally provided for smokers.
The costs of any additional hotel accommodation or meals necessitated by the clients’ own travel arrangements or any delays or alterations thereto shall be the responsibility of the clients.
Any special meal requirements will be made on a REQUEST basis only. The Company cannot guarantee special meal requests, nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if clients’ special meal requests are not available or fulfilled.
Baggage handling for one suitcase per person, at hotels and in motor coaches is included in the program price. Any baggage requirements in excess of standard shall be by arrangement with the Company when booking. Hand luggage with wheels or telescopic handles may not fit in overhead compartments and may not be accepted as carry-on luggage on bus tours.
The Company will not accept liability for any loss or damage to baggage or any of the client’s belongings. The Company will assist where it can in difficulties due to lost baggage while on tour but cannot assist in locating any lost items once the passenger has returned home. Baggage insurance is recommended.
Clients are responsible for the safety and production where necessary of their, and where appropriate their children or dependents’ Travel documents while in Ireland.
The price of your tour does not cover travel insurance.
It is strongly recommended that all clients take out comprehensive travel insurance including international air, cancellation, medical and baggage coverage.
We can recommend the following US companies.
Your personal safety is of paramount importance to us and therefore it is imperative that you advise us at the time of booking of any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your (or any of your party) or other people’s enjoyment of the trip.
Adequate and valid travel insurance is mandatory for all clients while on a Scotia Ireland Tour. You are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance covering cancellation, curtailment, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money and public liability before you travel. You are also advised that you have sufficient insurance in respect of any additional active/adventure activities you plan to partake in whilst on tour and for dependent relatives travelling with you.
You must carry proof of insurance with you and produce it if reasonably requested by the company’s employees or suppliers. Scotia Ireland Tours reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation on a trip or in certain activities that comprise part of a trip, at any time, including after the commencement of your tour, with no right of refund, if you are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested.
We will request that you provide us with the name of your insurance company and their emergency assistance telephone number.
Scotia Ireland Tours requires that all clients must observe the laws and regulations of the countries visited, including customs and foreign exchange regulations. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the remainder of the tour with no refund.
It is also your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport and the necessary visas and vaccinations to apply with all applicable laws in the countries you will visit on tour.
Cancellations & Cancellation Fees
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to the Company, via email or letter.
The following per person cancellation fees apply:
Deposit is fully refundable up to 190 days prior to departure.
On Cancellation within 60 days prior to departure: 100 % of the total price is payable.
Extra night hotel accommodations that are cancelled will incur a cancellation fee in accordance with the particular hotel policies.
The Company constantly strives to improve program itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made; festivals, holidays, trade fairs, or other events warrant it; or if unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, the Company reserves the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels.
Program / Tour Cancellation
Scotia Ireland Tours will do its best to operate all tours as advertised, but before you enter into a contract with Scotia Ireland, you must note that we reserve the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary wholly or partly as advertised on our website or brochure either before or after your booking is confirmed. We may change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochures or website in any circumstances.
Most changes are minor, such as an accommodation change. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. If a significant change has to be made, the Company will inform the client as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time before departure. You will have the choice of accepting the change, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available, or obtaining a full refund.
We strongly advise you not to book any connecting travel that is non-refundable or non-changeable or incurs penalties. We will not be liable to refund any incidental costs incurred travel arrangements in the case of a cancelled tour departure.
In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your holiday due to "force majeure” or to change or terminate your tour after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds, pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result. In these conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
We do not guarantee that any optional activity or excursion mentioned in our brochure, on our website or as advertised by our tour representative, will be available to book during your tour and / or will operate as advertised as these services do not form part of our contract and are not under our control. They may not be available for various reasons. Any prices given in advance are indicative only. We will not be liable if you cannot, for whatever reason, book any such activity or excursion or if the activity or excursion does not operate as advertised.
Accommodation changes can apply to a 50-mile radius of the advertised overnight stop.
Scotia Ireland Tours reserves the right to discount the price of any of our tours. The final price payable by the client will be confirmed before the client makes a booking.
The Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any program or tour departure in accordance with operating requirements or due to circumstances beyond its control. The Company will try to rebook the same or similar program subject to availability. If there is a difference in cost, it will be at the client’s reduction or expense. Should the alternative not be accepted by the client, and provided the rescheduling or cancellation is not due to an act or omission of the client or his children or dependent/s travelling with him, we will refund all monies for the affected program or tour paid to the Company and will be under no further obligation.
Please note that The Company is not responsible for any other travel arrangements or service provision affected due to our cancellations, and is not liable for any cancellation penalties incurred on any other travel or service provision arrangements
Refunds for Unused Services
No refunds will be made for unused services once the tour has commenced. We regret that no refunds can be made for absences from a program, including but not limited to, missed meals or sightseeing.
Service Inquiries After the Tour
If after the tour a passenger wishes to enquire about any services provided, he shall please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by the Company within 60 days after the program completion date. To expedite processing, enquiries should be by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under no circumstances can Scotia Ireland Tours be held responsible for adverse weather conditions
Holidays / Closing Days
During local or national holidays in Ireland, certain facilities such as museums, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited, and alternatives will be offered wherever possible. Similarly, holidays, closing days and other circumstances may necessitate a change of the day of the week for scheduled sightseeing, highlight dinners or other activities. Please check with the respective national tourist office or enquire from the Company before selecting a specific travel date.
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform your Tour Guide immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If you are not happy with their action in response you should notify our Head office in Tralee, Co Kerry immediately and we shall endeavour to resolve the problem promptly.
It is strongly suggested that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question as well as to our representatives without delay.
If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint during your holiday and this may affect your rights under this contract.
If your complaint cannot be resolved on tour you should notify the Scotia Ireland Tours in writing within 28 days thereof to have your complain investigated further
Smoking is not allowed on motor coaches, minibuses or vans. Hotels, restaurants and other venues are 100% smoke free indoors, but most have smoking areas provided outdoors. The local rules and regulations in this regard must be complied with and the Company will not be responsible for any loss, expense or damage accruing to a passenger who fails to comply with the said rules and regulations in this regard
Important - Responsibility
All travel products/programs arranged by and/or are under the management of The Company are operated and/or provided by Suppliers (hereinafter referred to as “Suppliers”) believed by the Company to be reputable to operate in accordance with the standards set down by their own local authorities.
The Suppliers undertake the following duties:
- The Suppliers shall be responsible to the client for supplying the services and accommodations provided to the client through the Company by the Suppliers except where such services cannot be supplied or the itinerary used is changed due to delays or other causes of whatever kind or nature beyond the control of the Suppliers/Company. In such circumstances, the Suppliers will do their best to supply comparable services, accommodations and itineraries, and there shall be no refund in this connection. The Company acts only as an intermediary in making arrangements for hotels, sightseeing, activities, transfers, transportation and any other travel services in connection with travel programs. Product information and descriptions are based on information provided by hotels and other suppliers worldwide. Reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the content of the documentation provided by the Company to the passenger is accurate, but content is subject to change at any time, without notice. All content is published in good faith, but the Company cannot verify or accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of information provided by Suppliers. Client is responsible for evaluating the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any information available in the Company’s documentation.
- Each brochure provided by the Supplier represents the entire agreement between the passenger and the Company with regard to that supplier’s services.
- Unless due to their own negligence, neither the Company nor their agents or co-operating organisations shall be responsible for any cancellations or for acts of any other service providers concerned, diversions or substitution of equipment or any acts, variations, postponements, omissions or defaults whatsoever by air carriers, land carriers, hoteliers or hotels, transportation companies, or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations to clients, including any results thereof, such as changes in services, or accommodations or facilities necessitated by same. Nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or property, or for injury, illness or death, or for any damages or claims whatsoever arising from any loss, negligence or delay from the act, error, omission, default or negligence of any person not its direct employee or under its exclusive control, including any act, error, omission, default, or negligence of any country, government or governmental authority, officer or employee. All baggage and personal effects are at all times and in all circumstances at the risk of the client. The Company is not responsible for any criminal conduct by third parties.
- Where the client occupies a motor coach or vehicle fitted with a safety belt, neither the Company/Suppliers nor their agents or cooperating organizations or service providers concerned will be liable for any injury, illness or death or any loss, damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of such accident or incident.
- The agreement arising between the client and the Company under our brochures and the booking made by the client shall be governed by the law of Ireland, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the case of any dispute between the parties.
- Every effort is made to ensure accuracy or information furnished: how ever the Company cannot be held responsible for printing or typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
The optional activities and optional excursions referred to in the brochure, website or by our representatives are provided independently by third party operators and outdoor pursuits providers who are entirely independent of us. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are not run, supervised or controlled in any way by us. We accept no liability in respect of any incident arising in respect of these said activities.
Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts undertaken directly between you and the third-party activity and outdoor pursuit’s provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Scotia Ireland, regardless of any help and assistance which we may provide in securing such arrangements.
If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity which does not form part of your package travel arrangements, we will at our discretion offer advice, guidance and assistance. Such advice, guidance or assistance is not to be deemed in any way as a form of admission or liability.
Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings.
In order to process clients booking, The Company will need to use personal information of all passengers included in bookings. This personal information may include each passenger’s name, address, phone number, email address, passport number, credit/debit card number and sensitive information such as health, medical, dietary, mobility, religious or other special requirements. This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers of passengers’ arrangements in addition to public authorities (such as customs and immigration), security and credit checking organizations, and otherwise as required by law. Similarly, the Company may also need to provide personal information to contractors who provide services to or for it (e.g.-sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance). This may involve sending personal information (including sensitive information) to other countries that may not afford the same level of protection of personal information.
All Scotia Ireland Tours are operated by Scotia Ireland Tours Ltd, 1 Sraid Thaidhg, Ballyheigue, Co. Kerry, Ireland. Registered in Ireland No: 602865. These Terms and Conditions were published on the 07 December 2019 and apply to all tours operated by Scotia Ireland Ltd. These conditions will be superseded by any subsequent editions.
Terms and conditions are subject to change.